How Do Permissions Plugins Work?
The way permissions plugins work is they give a range of commands that you can specify for player groups. When you aren’t a server operator on a server you can access any commands, using a permissions plugin you can assign commands you want your users to use and specify what commands, how long and where they should work.
How to Setup Player Permissions on a Server with Luckperms
- Download the Luckperms Plugin.
- Stop your server and upload it to your server.
- Start your server and log in to your server.
- Type /lp editor into your chat bar (make sure you are op on the server) then click on the link provided.
- Now choose the default group on there and open it (this is everyone that joins the server)
- Now add in the permissions nodes on the bottom, add context or time scales to how long the group can have the command to use.
Where Can I Find the Permissions for the Commands?
Plugins don’t have a universal place they have their permissions nodes for you to use. However, the best place to find them is by first searching on the download plugin page for a wiki, or permissions page. Alternatively, they might have it in their discord or another place.
Most well-known plugins will display their permissions somewhere so it’s up to you to find them and use the permissions you need to give your players the commands.